Select a Fortune 500 company or another company you are familiar with. Consider pharmaceuticals, computer hardware, retail, or automotive industries for your selection. If you choose a company that is not in the Fortune 500, ensure that enough financial information and key performance indicator results are available to complete the assignment.
Research financial information and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the company. You may find this information on Yahoo! Finance®, in the University of Phoenix Library Finance Resources, or in other finance resources online. If you are unfamiliar with using Yahoo! Finance, the Yahoo! Finance Navigation Guide provides helpful information on finding some of the KPIs for your company.
Your financial plan will need to include KPIs for your company. Create a 1- to 2-page outline or chart identifying KPIs and including the following:
- The company and its ticker symbol
- Cash flow from operations
- Price-to-earnings ratio
- Stock dividends and the yield, if any
- Earnings per share ratio
- Revenue estimates for the next 12 months
- Revenue from the previous 3 years
- Statement of cash flows and identification of net cash from operating, investing, and financing activities over the past 3 years
- Average trade volume.
- Current stock price, 52-week high, and 1-year estimated stock price
- Analysts’ recommendations for the stock (buy, sell, or hold)
- Market cap for the company
You will use information from your research in your Week 2 Summative Assessment.