- Read Chapter 8 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
For this discussion, address the following questions:
- How is unemployment calculated, and what is and is not included?
- What were the unemployment numbers for the latest three quarters?
- Why is unemployment mentioned in business news so often and used as an important metric for our economy?
- What might cause the unemployment numbers to be questioned from an accuracy standpoint and a relevancy perspective?
- How is unemployment impacted by the phases of the business cycle?
Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words.
Reference book: Gwartney, J. A., Stroup, R. L., Sobel, R. L., & Macpherson, D. A. (2018). Macroeconomics:
Private and public choice (16th ed.). Cengage Learning.