read Chapters 1 and 2 of your textbook.
Imagine that you are hired as a data analyst for a bank. The bank would like to learn more about its customers’ spending and banking habits to identify areas of improvement. You have been asked to review the bank’s income statements over the last 5 years and identify trends that will allow them to better understand their customers.
Download your chosen bank’s annual income statements from the last 5 years from the Mergent database. Review the Mergent Online: Accessing Mergent Online
Links to an external site. resource for tips on accessing and searching the Mergent database. Use the “Company Financials” tab in Mergent to access the income statements.
Identify three variables or categories that the bank may be interested in further researching, such as sales or revenue. Using these three variables or categories, build a frequency table, a bar chart, and a pie chart using Excel.
webpage for resources to help utilize Microsoft Excel. You will be using the same three variables in each table and chart, so the same data will be displayed in three different formats.
After creating the three tables, which of the tables and charts do you find most useful for communicating information about the bank’s customers? Write a brief case report summarizing your analysis and results.
In your paper,
- Identify three variables in the income statements that the bank may be interested further researching to learn more about its customers.
- Develop a frequency table, a bar chart, and a pie chart using variables in the income statements for your bank.
- Analyze the table and charts to find the most useful information for communicating information about the bank’s customers.
- Summarize your analysis and results, including how the charts were useful in your research.
The Turning Variables Into Knowledge paper
- Must be two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages, charts or tables), and formatted according to APA Style
Please use textbook reference:
Sharpe, N. R., Veaux, R. D., & Velleman, P. F. (2019). Business statistics (4th ed.). Pearson.
I have uploaded the Mergent resources and the annual report for JPMorgan Chase Financial for this assignment.