Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read sections 12.1–12.3 in Chapter 12 and sections 17.0–17.3 in Chapter 17 of the required textbook, Operations and Supply Chain Management. In addition, read pages 383–387 in Logistics and Supply Chain Risk and UncertaintyLinks to an external site., Walmart: 3 Keys to Successful Supply Chain Management Any Business Can FollowLinks to an external site., and The Effect of Top Management Involvement on Supply Chain Risk Management Through Buyer-Supplier RelationshipLinks to an external site..
Assume the role of a supply chain manager within an organization of your choice. Executive management has requested from you a presentation concerning supply chain risks associated with the organization and an action plan to mitigate those risks. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation to present your plan to the higher-level executives.
In your presentation,
- Identify three types of supply chain risks (one slide).
- Develop an action plan to mitigate the risks (two to three slides).
- Review how technology will be used to understand the voice of the customer (one to two slides).
- Define what type of performance measures will be used to monitor the risks or when the customer’s expectations change (one to two slides).
- Explain how the supply chain manager will use the basic lean tools and approaches to provide a quality product, on-time, and at the lowest cost (two to three slides).
The Supply Chain Risk Management Final Presentation
- Must be 7 to 10 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and 100–125 words of speaker notes and formatted according to APA Style. This should be a professional presentation, limited in verbiage and balanced in graphics. No oral component is required.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least six scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text. Originality score must be below 25%.
Coates, R. (2017, May 30). The Amazon effect and the global supply chainLinks to an external site.. Supply Chain Management Review. https://www.scmr.com/article/the_amazon_effect_and_the_global_supply_chain
Robinson, A. (2015). Walmart: 3 keys to successful supply chain management any business can followLinks to an external site.. https://cerasis.com/supply-chain-management/
Siagian, H., Tarigan, Z. J. H., & Hee, H. T. (2018). The effect of top management involvement on supply chain risk management through buyer-supplier relationshipLinks to an external site.. Jurnal Teknik Industri, 20(2), 105–111. doi.org/10.9744/jti.20.2.105-112
Cavinato, J. L. (Ed.). (2004). Logistics and supply chain risk and uncertaintyLinks to an external site.. https://ebookcentral.proquest.com
Collier, D. A, & Evans, J. R. (2019). Operations and supply chain management. Cengage Learning.