Please answer the following questions. Choose the headings/subheadings as described below. You should begin your paper with a one paragraph introduction that includes the purpose statement.
- Genetic mutation: Identify the genetic mutation responsible for fragile X-associated mental retardation.
- Clinical presentation: Describe and discuss how it causes the clinical syndrome of developmental delay, joint hyperextensibility, large testes, and facial abnormalities.
- Identification of carrier: Identify which parent is the probable carrier of the genetic mutation?
- Phenotypic effects explained: Explain why this parent and the grandparents are phenotypically unaffected. Include a discussion of how this disease impacts the family across the lifespan.
- Likelihood for affecting future children: Discuss the likelihood that the unborn child will be affected.
VII. Conclusion—end with a one paragraph conclusion
Please follow the instructions below to meet APA formatting requirements
- Include a cover page and running head (this is not part of the 3-4 page limit)
- Include transitions in your paper (i.e. headings or subheadings—see the bolded suggestions above)
- Use in-text references throughout the paper
- Use double space, 12 point Times New Roman font
- Spelling, grammar, and organization are appropriate
- Include a reference list (this is not part of the 3-4 page limit)
- Attempt to use primary sources only. That said, you may cite reliable electronic sources (i.e. ANA)