Choose an editorial article (An editorial is an article that presents the writer’s opinion on an issue supported with facts) from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal or browse the library and choose an editorial that addresses a business issue that interests you.
Write an essay describing the following:
- Citation of the article and a brief summary of its contents
- What are the premise(s) in the article?
- What evidence is presented? Is it credible?
- Can you independently verify the evidence presented?
- How are counterarguments addressed?
- Does the writer represent a particular interest?
- How is language used to develop the argument?
- Do you detect any errors in knowledge, evidence, or thinking?
- Does the writer use any types of appeals or commit any fallacies?
- Overall, how compelling is this article?
Be certain to carefully research your analysis using at least 4 credible sources properly incorporated.