Create a 6-8 slide presentation (with detailed speaker’s notes) on how you would select, foster collaboration among, and educate a team dedicated to solving a diversity issue.
Assessments 2 and 3 are based on the same scenario, so you must complete them in the order in which they are presented.
Finding, organizing, and motivating teams is a key leadership skill as is the ability to communicate and present information.
In this assessment, you will continue your work from Assessment 2 by creating a 6–8 slide PowerPoint presentation for the diversity project kickoff meeting.
Imagine that your boss Lynnette follows up with you in an email shortly after reading your views on leadership and collaboration:
Thanks for sending me your thoughts last week on the diversity issue at the clinic. Your next step is to select a team of professionals who can help you in this project and prepare an introduction of the project for a first meeting with them.
I want you to prepare a presentation to serve as a brief but substantive introduction for the first meeting with a group of 4–5 members who will participate on the committee tasked with addressing the diversity issue. Once I review more information about the proposed team I can help you with the recruitment. The presentation should be 5–7 minutes and use 6–8 slides with detailed speaker’s notes so I can understand your approach. Not a lot of time or space, so keep things pretty high level. Do the following:
- Briefly outline the project goals and highlight 2–3 of the initial priorities to be addressed by the group. Also, explain why they are important.
- Explain the composition of the team and why you chose them. Note that you will not know the exact individuals yet, but assume we will recruit the people with the desired qualities and characteristics you outline in the presentation. Consider the following:
- Include a group of professionals you believe can help define the problem and ultimately make recommendations on how to address it.
- Make sure each member is either trained in, sensitive to, or has experience with the concept of workplace diversity.
- Give some thought to having some members from outside the organization.
- Provide member profiles: their diversity, qualifications, experience, internal versus external, and so forth.
- Explain your role and describe how the committee will work together and achieve effective interprofessional collaboration.
- Describe how the group will communicate. How and when they will meet.
- Describe how ideas will be shared and decisions made.
- Describe roles, group function, and structure.
- Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse workplace.
- Provide a convincing argument regarding the benefits of a diverse workforce using support from current research.
For this assessment:
- Create a 6–8 slide PowerPoint presentation in response to the content defined in the above scenario.
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Length: 6–8 PowerPoint slides (not including title slide) that would accompany a 5–7 minute oral presentation.
- Notes: Prepare detailed speaker’s notes describing items on each slide so that the viewer can accurately interpret the deeper meanings and intentions that would have been conveyed orally. Support your claims, arguments, and conclusions with credible evidence from 2–3 current, scholarly or professional sources.
- Visuals: Create visuals that are easily read and interpreted. Use colors, fonts, and formatting and other design principles that make the information clear and generally add to the aesthetic of the presentation.
Please refer to the scoring guide for details on how your assessment will be evaluated
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply qualities, skills, and practices used by effective health care leaders.
- Outline goals and initial priorities that reasonably reflect the project.
- Competency 2: Apply practices that facilitate effective interprofessional collaboration.
- Outline a plan that effectively fosters interprofessional group collaboration.
- Competency 3: Apply ethical codes and diversity best practices in health care organizations.
- Define the composition of a team with characteristics that could effectively address a diversity issue.
- Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Explain the benefits of promoting and supporting diversity within an organization using scholarly resources.
- Competency 4: Produce clear, coherent, and professional written work, in accordance with Capella writing standards.
- Create an organized presentation that clearly communicates all specified content.
- I am attaching the samples and grading format