For this assignment, research two contemporary accounting topics, such as valuing intellectual capital and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and how these standards differ from Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and sustainability and environmental accounting. If you would like to choose a different contemporary accounting topic not listed, email your instructor to obtain approval prior to starting your paper.
In your paper,
- Define and describe the topics, citing real-life examples of their uses.
- Critique the pros and cons of the topics.
- Assess the popularity of the topics and what type of global companies or individuals use them.
- Hypothesize the future use of the topics; be sure to support your position with facts.
The Contemporary Global Accounting Topics Paper
- Must be three to four pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA StyleLinks to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Must use at least four credible sources in addition to the course text.
Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
Reference course book:
Porter, G. A., & Norton, C. L. (2018). Using financial accounting information: The alternative to debits and credits (10th ed.). Cengage Learning.