Imagine your criminal justice organization is facing a major crisis and you have been tasked with drafting a strategy paper on how to effectively address the needed changes.
Select a contemporary issue affecting one of the following areas of the criminal justice system: law enforcement, courts, corrections, probation/parole, juvenile justice.
Write a 1,050- to 1,250-word paper in which you describe how to effectively implement the needed changes that address the selected issue in your organization. Address the following in your paper:
- Identify the issue and why there is a need to implement organizational changes to your organization.
- Define a preferred change process strategy to deal with the issue.
- Explain the handling of resistance to change.
- Identify key barriers to effective communication.
- Indicate the methods needed to improve communication regarding the needed changes.
- Identify effective organizational management strategies to assess the changes after they are implemented.
- Explain how trust, conflict resolution, and negotiation influence the plan for organizational change.